We experience a lot of things in a month and every little thing can end up being a life lesson. One of the most amazing things about humans is that we constantly make mistakes and we constantly learn from them – so we never really stop developing our personality. In the month of February my life was a rollercoaster – especially considering my relationships with other people. Because of that I thought it would be a good idea to share 10 things I’ve come to realise this month (or remembered the significance of?)
- If people tell you to let it go, let it go.
- You do not owe an explanation to anyone. Nothing in life is 100% certain and you don’t need to have an answer just because someone wants it.
- Never care about someone more than you care about yourself. You matter the most. Sometimes It’s better to be seen as selfish and mean than to absolutely ruin yourself over people who wouldn’t do the same (That person you’re questioning right now, yeah, they wouldn’t)
- Talking to someone about how you feel will help a lot even if it doesn’t fix the problem itself. Sometimes talking to someone who’s a stranger can be easier and more helpful and that’s okay too.
- It doesn’t matter how long you’ve known them or what they’ve done for you at one point (ps: I don’t mean you should forget about the gestures people do for you, that of course matters!), if someone makes you feel bad or uncomortable about yourself and you overall feel more negative when you’re (talking) with them, you don’t need them in your life. You have the right to not want someone in our life and put a distance between you and them.
- Your sister is the best friend you’ll ever have, no matter the age gap.
- The world doesn’t revolve around you. Someone might act unusual and it doesn’t always mean they hate you or they’re mad at you. Everyone can have a bad day, don’t blame everything on yourself.
- Your friends are there because they want to be there. If they didn’t want to be your friend, they wouldn’t be. It’s as simple as that. You don’t need to get paranoid over every little thing they do.
- Your parents sacrificed a lot in order to see you be successful at whatever you do.
- People believe in you because they see the potential to succeed within you. Don’t see this as a burden and stress over it, instead carry it proudly – and make them proud too.
What little advice did february give to you? How was your month? Tell me in the comments below. Thank you for reading this far and I hope you have a warm, wonderful day!